Facebook novelty for businesses - Facebook Messenger Chatbots interested me from two perspectives. As an owner of a web development company, I wanted to know which tools Facebook provides for developers. And as a user of the FB services for businesses, I wondered about additional expenses. So I searched information about how Facebook chatbots could be useful for companies and what will be the price for this service. Here the question I wanted to find answers to:
- Why chatbots in Facebook Messenger could bring added value for businesses? On the first hand it is not evident at all, so was worth exploring what the version the of the Facebook itself is.
- How a chatbots for business function - what do they do, which could not be done with already existing means.
- How the chatbots are protected against abuse by users. We all remember the story of the Microsoft chatbot Tay, which was fed by users with racist statements and just repeated them.
- Facebook chatbots are a kind of a search engine inside a shop with different filters
- You can integrate them into your website, and they will function across platforms
- Now they are free, so you do not need to pay Facebook, the only expenses are for development of a chatbot (but I think it will change sooner or later)